Though more and more industries are taking advantage of electronic forms of communication and marketing, many companies still use more traditional methods. Contacting and communicating with customers via mail is one of these methods.
For some organizations, sending information to a customer’s home is just one part of a marketing strategy. For others, using USPS or another company to send paper mail and packages is necessary. This is true for many financial and medical organizations, in addition to any business that sends deliveries directly to customers.
Whether you simply want to send coupons or need to communicate a prescription update, postal address verification is a useful tool.
Postal Address Verification and its Benefits
Postal address verification APIs standardize, correct, and validate addresses in your company’s contact or mailing lists. This three-pronged approach ensures you always reach the right customer the first time, without sending information to outdated or invalid addresses. It’s also one of the main ways companies save money, which we’ll explore in more detail in the next section.
Using an address validation service has many benefits, including:
- It provides a valuable and reliable form of contact customers for marketing or communication purposes.
- It ensures your company is able to service and connect with all customers regardless of each household’s technological capabilities.
- It can be used for and adapted to a variety of purposes, from verifying a customer’s identity and more.
- It makes current mailing campaigns more effective and informs the efforts of future mailing and marketing campaigns.
These are just a few of the primary benefits companies receive when they use an address verification API. And, of course, using address verification saves you and your business time, resources, and money.
Build Powerful SMS Campaigns
No contracts, no hidden fees, and no credit card information required to get started.Create Account
How PAV Saves You and Your Business Money
Despite the many benefits that address validation offers, saving your business money is perhaps the most enticing. Validation APIs save you and your business money in a variety of ways, discussed below. Because of this cost-effectiveness, companies are able to reallocate resources to better serve customers.
Below are just a few ways postal verification services save money:
- Standardizes Addresses – Instead of manually checking addresses against the United States Postal Service’s (USPS) standards, verification APIs automatically scans uploaded addresses and updates them.
- Corrects Undeliverable Addresses – Address verification services check original shipping addresses for mail and packages. Incorrect addresses are flagged and corrected. This means you find out about contact errors before you try to use them, not after.
- Validates Mailing Addresses – Don’t wait until your mail or package gets sent back due to an undeliverable address. Upload customer addresses and let postal APIs check them against the official USPS database to ensure they’re valid and deliverable.
- Returns Valuable Data – You’ll be able to return geolocation, legislative, and even census data for each address. With this information, you can customize service and products, expand your mailing campaigns, and more.
- Qualifies You For Discounts – Take advantage of presort postage discounts and bulk mailing discounts by using a postal address verification API. You’ll qualify for these and more discounts, saving your company extra money.
- Increases ROI – Increase your return on investment by better targeting your customers. Find out geolocation data for each address, in addition to whether the address is residential or another business.
- Speeds Up Mail Delivery – Help your local mail carrier deliver even more of your mail and packages by using address validation to presort carrier codes to the route level and sort mail to the approximate carrier-casing sequence.
- Improves Campaign Results – Improve your mailing campaign results by focusing on customers with deliverable addresses. You’ll be able to better focus your efforts and refine your strategies, making your campaigns more effective than ever before.
- Provides Reassurance – Your company can rest easy knowing that all information you send to customers will reach them successfully and efficiently. Never worry about your message being lost in translation or your mail being lost in transit.
- Offers Extra Support – The best address validation companies offer extensive customer support to ensure your API is always working. Dedicated account managers, 24/7 emergency support, and live chat support are just three examples of this.
Postal address verification services save money for companies by preventing them from trying to contact incorrect or invalid addresses. This can also save the customer time and money, especially if they have to send back mail or an address.
Sending mail and packages to incorrect or outdated addresses is frustrating for everyone, companies and customers alike. It wastes time and resources. Worse than that, it wastes businesses’ money and may even damage their relationship with the customer. Thankfully, using an address validation tool prevents all of this and ensures everyone remains happy.
Finding the Right Address Verification Service
The right address verification service should be efficient and intuitive. Besides standardizing, correcting, and validating addresses, the API should be able to process bulk address uploads quickly. Services that are unable to do this are a hindrance to companies rather than a help. When looking at an API’s verification capabilities, it’s useful to take into consideration current and future needs. Another important factor to look into is the cost. Companies must ensure the validation service is cost-effective and fits into their budget.
Become a Reseller
Our SMS reseller program gives you everything you need to easily resell our SMS software to your customers and increase revenue.
Texting API designed to send & receive SMS & MMS globally using a short code or 10DLC number.
Easy to use SMS software that can send & receive SMS & MMS using a short code or 10DLC number.
Powerful voice API that sends mass automated phone calls quickly to mobile & landline devices.
Verify mobile & landline numbers, find service providers, & define time zones to restrict calling times.
What Is Mass Texting & How Does It Work?
Businesses can utilize SMS marketing in a number of ways, such as through a long code or short code. Short codes...Read More
What Is SMS Marketing & Why Use It?
SMS marketing is a term that's often thrown around when companies are talking about their communication...Read More