Table of Contents
Are you currently using a single-message SMS program for your marketing? If so, there’s a better way. Consider it this way: do you want to cook a pasta pot by dropping each noodle into boiling water one at a time? Likely you can quickly answer no to that question.
The same applies to SMS marketing texts for your business. While a single-message SMS program can free up some time, it’s not always enough. It creates a tedious process and a series of tasks that can take up time that could otherwise be used on more critical functions.
When you understand how to send repetitive text messages, you’ll never want to go back to a single-message SMS program in the future. The good news is that adapting to sending repetitive texts may be easier than you expect. Below, we’ll explain how you can utilize this shortcut for your company communications.
How to Send Repetitive Text Messages: Four Ways to Move Forward
When you use the SMS API from Esendex, there are multiple ways to set up recurring or repetitive text messages. Four ways exist so you can decide which makes the most sense for your company. Keep reading to gain information on how each of these methods works from start to finish.
Schedule Repeating Text Messages in Advance
The first method to send repetitive texts is by scheduling them in advance. Many businesses use this common choice to ensure text campaigns go off without a hitch. It’s also simple to implement using your choice of SMS program.
You don’t have to take our word for it. A research team used this type of automation at Wake Forest University. Scheduling repeating text messages let them ensure surveys were sent out to hundreds of patients several times a day.
So how does this work? It depends on the messaging application or Text Messaging API you choose to use. However, the basic idea is to write your messages out ahead of time and then schedule them, so they go out at times that make sense for you.
Below is an example of how this might work on some devices:
- Go to the messaging app and click “new campaign.” Add a name of your choice to the campaign, add in the people who should receive the message, and then insert the notification for the campaign. Move forward by clicking next.
- Now, tap on the clock icon or other location to schedule text messages for times in the future.
- The penultimate step is to choose the time and date you want your message sent. Click to set the time and ensure the time zone is set correctly. You can change this in settings if needed.
- Finally, make sure the time and date are precisely correct. Please review the message to be sure it’s what you want to send. At that point, you must confirm the scheduled text and let automation take care of the rest.
Build Powerful SMS Campaigns
No contracts, no hidden fees, and no credit card information required to get started.Create Account
Set Up a Repeat Text Generator Autoresponder
A second option for sending out repetitive texts is through the use of an autoresponder. When someone joins your list, you might have instructions or messages you want to send out. An autoresponder lets you send those automatically as soon as someone subscribes.
When you use an autoresponder, you choose how soon to send messages. It could be minutes, days, weeks, or even months. It all depends on what works best for you.
Below are sample instructions for how many texting apps allow you to set up autoresponders.
- Access the autoresponders menu on the website or application.
- Choose to create a new autoresponder.
- Select a name for your autoresponder. This gives you a reference for later and isn’t something that subscribers will ever see. Name it something descriptive, so you remember what it’s used for.
- Now select the people whom the autoresponder should be used for. So go ahead and add in your potential customers. However, you only want the autoresponder to send messages to new subscribers. It shouldn’t go to existing ones.
- Decide whether you want the texts to be SMS (text only) or MMS (including gifs, photos, videos, etc.)
- Write in the message that you want to be sent out.
- Choose how long you want the delay to be for the autoresponder. This can be anything you wish, from minutes to months.
- Optionally, you can add a delivery window. This applies to limiting how early or late the text can go out. You can also choose to send messages only on certain days. If someone subscribes outside the window, the message will be sent the next time.
- Save your autoresponder.
Build a Template to Repeat Text Messages on iPhone and Android
In some cases, you might need to send the same message over and over. When this is the situation, a template is an excellent way to move forward. Templates are highly versatile and can be used as keyword confirmation messages, autoresponders, and marketing campaigns.
The process of creating a template will differ based on the program, but the basic steps are included below:
- Go to the area for campaigns on your application and choose to make a new campaign.
- The option to use a template should be included. Go ahead and tap on that.
- Choose to add a template and add a name for your reference.
- Type the message that should be the template and then save it for later use.
- Now, you can use the template whenever you like. Just pull it up, and the text can be added to the message box. Then go through with the sending process like you usually would.
Consider the Use of Recurring Text Campaigns
The final option is to implement recurring campaigns for your text marketing. This is another way mass texts can prove better than using a single-message SMS program. Like the other options, this one is easy enough to do quickly.
- Select your campaigns and move forward to create a new one.
- Go through the steps as if you are creating a typical campaign. Add a name, type in the message, and choose to whom the message should be sent.
- Now look for the option to make this campaign recurring in one of the menus.
- Choose the date when the message should begin sending and when it should go out. For example, if you wanted the message to go out on weekdays at 10 am, you’d add the date and time associated with that.
- Select how often the message should be sent.
- If you have a specific end date that can also be added for cases where you don’t want it to stop sending, choose never.
- Move forward and review the message. If everything is correct, schedule it, and you’re ready to move forward.
Why Are My Messages Repeating? Because Esendex Is Here to Help
Instead of using a basic single-message SMS program, Esendex offers an innovative SMS API that can help you send out mass texts in the manner that best works for your business. We also provide SMS and voice broadcasting and other tools. Get in touch with our sales team to get started today.
Become a Reseller
Our SMS reseller program gives you everything you need to easily resell our SMS software to your customers and increase revenue.
Texting API designed to send & receive SMS & MMS globally using a short code or 10DLC number.
Easy to use SMS software that can send & receive SMS & MMS using a short code or 10DLC number.
Powerful voice API that sends mass automated phone calls quickly to mobile & landline devices.
Verify mobile & landline numbers, find service providers, & define time zones to restrict calling times.
What Is Mass Texting & How Does It Work?
Businesses can utilize SMS marketing in a number of ways, such as through a long code or short code. Short codes...Read More
What Is SMS Marketing & Why Use It?
SMS marketing is a term that's often thrown around when companies are talking about their communication...Read More
SMS vs. MMS (What's the Difference)
Mobile phones have become a commodity. Today, people use cellular devices to connect with the world...Read More