Table of Contents
Besides traditional mail, calling is one of the oldest communication methods still used today. Though texting may be the most common medium, phone calls and voice messages remain a staple in many companies' marketing strategies.
Voice broadcasting allows companies to directly record messages and send them to customers, creating a more streamlined process. It provides businesses and consumers alike with an effective and efficient way to connect.
Keep reading to learn more about voice broadcast, how it works, and how your business can start leveraging this medium to increase customer engagement and conversion.
What Is Voice Broadcast?
Consider this scenario: You receive a call about your upcoming doctor appointment. The receptionist lists all the relevant information and then answers your questions.
This probably sounds familiar— after all, who hasn't been through this scenario in one form or another?
Voice broadcast works off this same concept, except on a larger scale and more efficiently.
Instead of requiring one person to physically everyone on a contact list, voice broadcast APIs allow companies to call customers and play a prerecorded message. They can send one message to dozens (or even hundreds or thousands) of customers in a matter of seconds.
First and foremost, the purpose of voice broadcast is to provide a communication channel between people. Or, in this case, between businesses and people.
More specifically, voice broadcast can be used for a wide variety of purposes. Companies use broadcast APIs to send appointment reminders, emergency alerts, promotions and special offers, password resets, and more.
How Does Voice Broadcast Work?
If you're wondering how to use voice broadcast, the good news is that it's fairly straightforward.
You already know how phone calls work. The core concept of voice broadcasting is similar, with a few extra steps to handle the increased delivery scale.
Here's how it works:
- Create and record your message. Many companies offer text-to-speech features that will read the message in a specific language or accent.
- Upload your contact lists. The lists should only include valid and active phone numbers, which you can check using a phone validator.
- Schedule your broadcast campaign. It's best to send the calls during a convenient time, when you know most customers will be free.
- Set up features like interactive voice response and two-party connection so that customers can call back and connect with you.
Recording a message and setting up a campaign can be completed from start to finish in just a few hours.
To increase the effectiveness of your voice broadcasting, you can follow up your calls with a text message using an SMS API or mass texting software. Using the same example as above, many users find it helpful to receive a follow-up appointment reminder via text after a phone call.
Build Powerful Voice Applications
Our mass phone call service can send calls to customers with mobile and landline devices.Create Account
Why Do You Need Voice Broadcast?
Voice broadcasting offers a mass communication medium that's both effective and personal, a balance that can be difficult to strike when it comes to marketing.
Besides this, voice broadcast offers a host of other benefits, including:
- Versatile Application – As mentioned before, voice broadcast has a wide variety of uses. This means that every industry benefits from its use, no matter their size or niche.
- Customizable Features – The sheer number of features that broadcast APIs come with mean that companies can meet all their communication and marketing needs.
- Global Connection – Voice broadcast isn't limited by geographic boundaries and lets you connect with customers around the world, even if they speak a different language.
- Expanded Consumer Base – Calls are accessible to people with disabilities, such as those with visual impairments, and people who don't have access to smart technology.
- Cost-Effective Communication – Transaction-based APIs ensure that businesses only pay for what they'll use, saving money in addition to time and manpower.
If you're interested in reading more about these benefits in-depth, check out this article.
Put simply, voice broadcast offers you a direct connection (literally) with customers, curating a more personalized experience. This medium offers a modern communication method that's backed by a history of use and success.
How You Can Start Leveraging Voice Broadcast
The first step to start leveraging voice broadcast is to find an API that fits your company's unique communication and marketing needs. Research options to make sure the service you choose has the features, reach, and pricing that will work both in the short-term and long-term.
Esendex's Phone Notify! is a reliable voice broadcast API that scalable, programmable, and effective. You can send mass voice messages to customers in more than 190 countries using our Tier 1 network, creating dynamic conversations without interruption.
Our transaction-based pricing ensures you only pay for what you need, while our multichannel communication options and feature-packed platform let you customize your campaigns.
Become a Reseller
Our SMS reseller program gives you everything you need to easily resell our SMS software to your customers and increase revenue.
Texting API designed to send & receive SMS & MMS globally using a short code or 10DLC number.
Easy to use SMS software that can send & receive SMS & MMS using a short code or 10DLC number.
Powerful voice API that sends mass automated phone calls quickly to mobile & landline devices.
Verify mobile & landline numbers, find service providers, & define time zones to restrict calling times.
What Is Mass Texting & How Does It Work?
Businesses can utilize SMS marketing in a number of ways, such as through a long code or short code. Short codes...Read More
What Is SMS Marketing & Why Use It?
SMS marketing is a term that's often thrown around when companies are talking about their communication...Read More