Black Friday: Tips to Boost Sales & Build Customer Buzz
Retailers and shoppers rejoice. The clock is ticking and the countdown to Black Friday is on!
About the Guide
Black Friday remains a firm fixture in the annual shopping calendar, with UK shoppers spending a record £9.2bn by close of play on Cyber Monday in 2021.
As businesses ramp up for one of the most critical shopping days of the year, Esendex polled 1,000 UK shoppers to find out what they’re expecting, and more importantly, how they are planning to spend their hard-earned cash during this retail period.
Here is a summary of what we’ve discovered:
- Many consumers would opt-in to Black Friday-related text messages – 40% are willing to do so.
- And they’re open to hearing about Black Friday sales and promotions ahead of time too – 56% are happy to hear news up to two weeks in advance and a further 27% three to four weeks in advance.
- Overall, mobile-based marketing messages can help you boost sales – 79% of consumers would consider purchasing products from a marketing message sent via text/SMS or WhatsApp.
- However, despite a willingness to opt-in to receive marketing messages via text/SMS, only a handful of brands will get that privilege – 41% of consumers opt-in to receive texts from just one to three brands.
- Customers prepare to splurge over the Black Friday period – 76% of shoppers plan to rein in spending a month before so they can splurge on the day.
Want to prepare for Black Friday and the festive period beyond? Download our eBook to capitalise on the biggest shopping day of the year and drive increased traffic and sales.
Access the Research
“At Esendex, we support customers to deliver an omnichannel communication strategy which includes channels such as the SMS, Voice, Phone Verification and many more.”
Learn more about how our platform can help you create an omnichannel comms strategy.