Phone Notify! API
The Phone Notify! API is a hosted, programmable web service that can send or receive up to 12,000 Tier 1 quality phone calls per minute using text-to-speech, pre-recorded sound files, or both. Esendex's Phone Notify! API delivers clear voice calls over its own network of geographically dispersed server farms.
Create a client in any programming language to interact with the API. Look at our Quick Start Guides to get started with some of the most common platforms. If you have questions, check out our FAQ or contact us.
When you make a call with the Phone Notify! API, you can specify a call script in the
TextToSay parameter. Various commands are available to control the content, flow, and text-to-speech options of your script.
- General Commands
- Speech Control Commands
- Available Voices
- Debugging and Error Reporting
- Script Samples
- Dial Plan Generator
Preferred Phone Number Formats
For USA/Canada numbers use this format:
- 1 + NPA + NXX + XXXX
- 1 + (Area Code) + Number
- Example: (1 + 757 + 544 + 9510) = 17575449510
For international numbers use this format:
- 0 + 11 + Country Code + Phone number
Phone Notify! API coverage is worldwide. Calls outside of the U.S and Canada incur extra charges based on carrier.
To use the API, make sure to allow communication with the following IP address ranges:
- 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
Reverse Notify / Replay Line
If you use
1-866-665-4386 as your Caller ID, the system will allow "reverse notifications." This will enable users who missed a call to ring back this number and get the last message they missed. Keep in mind that this counts as one transaction.
- Enable your clients to listen to something they might have missed in the original notification.
- Get your message out to people who just call back and never check voicemail (great for collection efforts).
- Increase promotion ability and revenue for resellers of the Phone Notify! API.
Incoming Calls / Phone Numbers
Phone Notify! supports incoming call scripts. Please send us a request or call (757) 544-9510 to get incoming phone numbers that run Esendex call scripts. We provide toll-free and local numbers by request. It takes approximately 5–7 business days to get a number.